The Swaiso Exercise
(Swinging of the hands)
The word “Swai’ literally
means to ‘swing’ or to ‘throw away’. Swaiso means to swing the arms back and
forth as though throwing out the negative energy, which is the cause of blocks and
tensions, the root of all illness.
How is it done?
1. Stand firmly on the ground with legs and torso straight.
Spread the feet to shoulder width and lightly grip the ground with the toes.
This exercise is best done bare foot.
2. Swing both arms backwards and forwards
together using force on the backward swing and allowing the hands to come
forward by their inertia. The elbows should be kept straight and the palms
facing down. The eyes should be focused straight ahead and allow the mind to be
empty by counting silently.
3. Begin the first session by swinging about a
hundred times and gradually increase the number to a thousand per day, in two
sessions to enhance the healing process.
Points to be observed
1. The upper body above the hip joint
must be completely relaxed. Allow the arms to swing naturally and do not tighten the shoulder.
2. Feel the gravitational pull of the lower
body and stand with your feet firmly on the ground.
3. Keep your back straight, arms loose and allow your mind to relax.
4. Focus your attention on the solar plexus
region, i.e. approximately three inches above the navel where the negative
emotions are stored.
5. Keep your palms down when you swing and the heels on the
ground like heavy stones, with the toes digging into the earth.
6. Turn around occasionally and determine
which direction gives you the best effect.